Following Citywing’s decision to cease trading on 10 March 2017, the Welsh Government agreed to honour Citywing/Van Air’s ticket bookings this week on Eastern Airways flights between Cardiff and Anglesey for passengers still wishing to travel, in order to minimise disruption in the short term.
· Passengers scheduled to travel between 20 March and 14 May 2017, are being advised to seek refunds of existing ticket bookings and asked to re-book with the current operator, Eastern Airways.
· The Civil Aviation Authority (CAA) has issued advice to Citywing passengers, which can be accessed here: https://www.caa.co.uk/Passengers/Resolving-travel-problems/Travel-company-problems/Failure-of-scheduled-airlines/
Passengers might be able to seek refunds from their bank/credit/debit card companies as they may be protected by Section 75 of the Consumer Credit Act 1974, or under the Chargeback rules.
· Information on the Consumer Credit Act can be found here: http://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/1974/39/contents
· Information on Chargeback can be found here: http://ec.europa.eu/consumers/ecc/docs/chargeback_report_en.pdf
· Passengers can re-book onto the Cardiff-Anglesey service by visiting the website: www.easternairways.com or by calling the reservations desk on 01652 680 600.